Table of Contents
You know how hard it is to find great spine care in the developed world.
Now imagine the billions of people struggling in lower-income countries.
With little to no access to healthcare, they are left to suffer in what must seem like an unwinnable struggle.
But, the fantastic team at World Spine Care has been forging an incredible path of success providing high-quality spine care to people in the developing world for over 10 years.
To further their mission, World Spine Care has launched Helping Hands, their annual fundraising campaign supporting their mission to provide sustainable, evidence-based, quality spine care to under-served communities around the world.
Today, 577 million people suffer from lower back pain globally.
By joining the Helping Hands campaign, you can help World Spine Care provide the critically needed programs and services to those who need them most.
Did you know…
- More than one billion people in the world today experience spine-related disabilities.
- The most significant burden of disability worldwide is attributed to neck and back pain combined.
- Spine pain disproportionately affects women, the elderly, rural communities, and lower-income countries.
What World Spine Care is Doing About It
Over the past ten years, 60+ volunteers have provided over 50,000 patient visits to individuals at the World Spine Care clinics located in communities with otherwise limited access to spine care.
In addition, World Spine Care has provided educational programs for local health professionals.
The Global Spine Care Initiative has continued to do and publish research to help others offer similar services.
What You Can Do to Support World Spine Care
Your generosity will help purchase equipment for our global clinics, support our team of international volunteers, and provide the much-needed research and educational support to provide evidence-based spine care to the underserved.
You will move us towards our vision of a world where everyone has access to the highest quality spine care possible.
The Helping Hands campaign was established to encourage individuals to donate a dollar a day for 57 days in honor of the 577 million people in the world suffering from lower back pain.
What else can you do?
- Please join our fundraiser on behalf of your clinic or organization and encourage your colleagues and patients to reach their helping hands to support a cause they believe in.
- Donate $57 (or a multiple thereof) – representing the 577 million people suffering from low back pain.
- Your donation will have a direct impact by helping patients that are suffering from spinal pain.
In exchange for your generous support, World Spine Care will provide regular emails over the next 57 days that will provide educational information about the work you’re helping to support, along with tips and tools that you can share with your networks.
We’ll provide you with…
- Updates from the World Spine Care clinics, including our newly formed BH3 clinic in Gaborone
- Our Promotional Package will help you to promote the campaign to your networks.
- A Helping Hands Toolkit that includes media assets to showcase in your clinic as well as online
- Details on the latest educational and research publications developed to support spine health globally.
By joining our 2021 Helping Hands campaign, you will be supporting a group of like-minded spine care and allied health professionals who are passionate about providing evidence-based spine care to those who need it most.
World Spine Care is an international charitable organization that provides evidence-based spinal care to under-served communities worldwide through clinics in Botswana, Dominican Republic, Ghana, and India.
The organizations are registered as nonprofits in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
To learn more about World Spine Care and the Helping Hands campaign, visit www.worldspinecare.org/helping-hands.